French Ratatouille - Easy and Healthy
Try this French ratatouille made of delicious ingredients that are good for you. It is very easy to make, colorful and it is vegan and gluten-free!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 big onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 eggplant, diced
1 cup bell pepper, diced or thinly sliced - any color (I like to use yellow bell pepper to add color)
1 zucchini, diced
2 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in half*
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
About 1 cup of water (optional)
1) In a big pot, drizzle extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onion until it is cooked about 8-10 minutes, stirring often.
2) Add garlic and stir.
3) Then add eggplant to the pot and sauté on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Add bell pepper and sauté about 5-8 minutes.
5) Add zucchini and tomatoes.
6) Season with salt, pepper, and Herbes de Provence.
7) Cover the pot and cook for 10 more minutes on low heat.
8) Serve and enjoy!
*You may use another kind of tomato.
I like to add water so there is more juice and season with more Herbes de Provence on plates.