Updated: Jan 18, 2021
Prep Time: 25 min, Cook Time: 35 min
3 1/2 tbsp gluten-free oat flour
3 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
2 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar (you can use brown sugar instead)
1/2 cup sliced almond
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
⇢ Wet Ingredients
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
1 flax egg (made with 1tbsp of ground golden flaxseed + 3.5 tbsp of water mixed together then let sit for 5 minutes)
⇢ Dry Ingredients
2 cups gluten-free oat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
2) To make the streusel: In a small bowl, add all ingredients together. Stir with a fork until all ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
3) To make the pumpkin cake: In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk until well incorporated.
4) Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
5) Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
6) Sprinkle streusel over the pumpkin mixture.
7) Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked (check by sticking a toothpick in the center of the cake: if it comes out clean, it is done!)
8) Let it cool and ENJOY your delicious vegan and gluten-free pumpkin streusel cake ! :)