Updated: Jan 18, 2021
Vegan and Gluten-Free!
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil - unless you have a non-stick pan
1 onion (white or sweet), chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger*
3 bell peppers (red, yellow and orange - it will taste good and add color to your plate), sliced into thin strips
3 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups kale, chopped
Optional: 1 tbsp tamari or 2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup brown rice
*Trader Joe's has ready to use grated ginger in the frozen section! :)
1) Cook brown rice according to directions while you prepare the veggies.
2) In a large pan with deep sides, cook the onion until transparent. When it is cooked, add ginger and stir.
3) Add bell peppers and carrots, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Add Thai red curry paste and stir often.
5) Add coconut milk, water and kale. Stir and simmer over medium heat until bell peppers are cooked (about 5-10 minutes).
6) Add your favorite protein - baked tofu or shrimp are delicious with it! Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Serve rice, vegetables and protein in bowls. ENJOY!